Join the AHA Next Generation Leaders Fellowship
Learn Strategic, Process-Oriented Approaches to Solving Complex Problems in This New Era of Health Care.
Hospitals and health system leaders are facing diverse and complex challenges as they meet escalating demands to improve quality and convenience, while managing costs. The pace of change is unprecedented, and leaders face high expectations from consumers, employers and government to transform care.
If you are an emerging health care leader looking to affect change at your organization by growing your strategic, operational and thought leadership, the AHA Next Generation Leaders Fellowship is for you. This year-long program allows you to engage with experts and innovative learning experiences to gain the knowledge and skills needed to solve complex problems and lead health care organizations into the future.
How It Works
You’ll work closely with faculty and mentors from an extensive, AHA-curated network. They will draw on their substantial health care executive leadership experience to provide guidance and coaching throughout the year on a change project at your organization. You’ll learn how to:
- Identify Opportunities — Recognize and reframe challenges as opportunities to re-imagine the delivery of health care.
- Manage Organizational Transformations — Be well prepared for potential disruptions by new technologies and business models.
- Future-Proof Your Leadership Career — Get ready for spirited, insightful debate and collaboration with rising and established health care leaders. Real-world learning experiences bolster sought-after skills that will empower you to implement significant change in your organization.
- Network with an accomplished group of peers and health care leaders who are passionate about health care innovation.
- Gain firsthand knowledge through a one-on-one mentoring relationship with a top-level health care executive over the course of the program.
- Learn through real-world experiences and interactive exercises.
- Develop an action plan for your organization and sustain momentum after the program.
The 12-month Next Generation Leaders Fellowship will be bookended with in-person meetings at the annual AHA Leadership Summit in late July 2020 and 2021. A majority of the program will take place virtually through inquiry-based modules, discussions and web meetings with faculty and mentors representing diverse expertise and leadership positions. After the instructional phase is complete, Fellows will work one-on-one with their mentor to execute a transformation project specific to a challenge within their organization. The program will conclude at the 2021 AHA Leadership Summit where Fellows will present their project solution to their peers, faculty and other conference attendees.
We Encourage You to Apply
Ideal candidates are health care professionals from AHA member hospitals who are accomplished in their careers and expected to rise to the top of their fields in the next five to 10 years. They are leading (or on the verge of leading) safety and quality improvement transformation efforts at department, organization, enterprise and/or system levels. The program aims to select a cohort who bring diverse perspectives and experiences from a variety of settings: clinical, strategy and operational backgrounds with strong a strong foundation in quality, safety, affordability and who are looking to expand skills to effect change at their organization.
As a member of the inaugural AHA Next Generation Leaders Fellowship, you’ll experience a full year of leadership coaching for only $9,995. Fellows will be invited to attend both the 2020 and 2021 AHA Leadership Summits at a discounted registration rate of $750 each.